Lorraine Hess is a Catholic singer, songwriter, music minister, and recording artist born and raised in New Orleans. She grew up in a family of Jazz and Cajun musicians, and her writing is strongly influenced by her South Louisiana heritage. She is a graduate of Louisiana State University; and, in May 2018, she will complete her Masters Degree Program in Pastoral Studies Loyola University Institute for Ministry in New Orleans. She has served the church in music since age 16. She is the Music Ministry Director at Divine Mercy Parish in Kenner, Louisiana in the Archdiocese of New Orleans, and she also cantors at St. Catherine of Siena in Metairie, LA.
She has released four solo albums of original liturgical and sacred music: We Shall Be Healed (2008); Child of God (2010), Cradle in Bethlehem (2012) produced by Ed Bolduc, and As I Pray (2015) produced by World Library Publications. Her fifth project will be released by WLP in early 2018. Her music can also be found in WLP’s CD compilations, More Voices as One I, II, and III.
Places Lorraine has performed:
- Los Angeles Religious Education Congress
- National Association of Pastoral Musicians Convention
- National Conference on Catholic Youth Ministry
- International Catholic Stewardship Conference
- Catholic Women of Faith Conference (Nashville)
- GO! Gulf Coast Faith Formation Conference
- New Orleans World Youth Day
- National Catholic Educators Association Convention & Expo
- Catholic Health Association Conference
- New Orleans Archdiocese Leadership Celebration
- National Organization for Continuing Education of Roman Catholic Clergy (NOCERCC)
- concerts, youth events, retreats and liturgies throughout the country
Lorraine has also performed in John Angotti’s original musical, JOB, The NOW Testament, and has also appeared on the nationally televised shows The Power of Love hosted by Fr. Michael Manning, SVD and Live With Passion with Fr. Cedric Pisegna, C.P.
Lorraine and her husband, Rob, have been married since 1990, and are recipients of the St. Louis Medallion Award for service to the Archdiocese of New Orleans. They are proud parents of four sons, her greatest vocation. To learn more about Lorraine and her music, or to book a concert, retreat (student or faculty), or liturgical celebration, visit her website at lorrainehess.com. Her work as a featured artist with WLP, a division of JS Paluch, is also available at voicesasone.com.